Hong Kong Trip Day 1 (16/2/2011)

At last, our most awaiting trip came to the picture. We have booked the flight last year during Air Asia promotion. During that time, when I first booked the destinations, my solely aim was definitely the Hong Kong Disneyland. I'm going with my wife, Adriana as well as my father and my mother.Our flight depart at 4.00 pm and should be arrived by 8.00 pm. However, the flight did arrived 30 minutes earlier and I was thinking of having some sightseeing that night after checked in to our hotel and after having our dinner. We are staying at Panda Hotel located at Tsuen Wan. Unfortunately, once we landed, in order to reclaim our baggage we need to take a train to another building. We need to pass through the immigration first (with a long queue) before we can reclaim the baggage. The distance between one checkpoint to other checkpoint is quite far.
We are not allowed to take any picture while at the immigration counter. I did snap one picture only to noticed that we are not allowed to. Hehehehe..Once we arrived, only myself, Adriana and my wife did not wear any sweater since our sweater was in our baggage. In fact, there are Hong Kong people asking, "don't you guys have any sweater?". I admit it was quite cold with the temperature 13 degrees. But we have no choice. Hehehehe...

It took us more than one hour to settle everything - immigration & baggage reclaim. Next, how to get to out hotel. Based on my survey before the trip, we can take a shuttle bus provided by the Hotel but it will took us some time as they come in certain time only. Next options, taxi which will cost us HKD100 per person. Another options, Limousin which will cost us HKD500 per car. We are thinking of taking the Limousin actually but we failed to find the exact location where to get one. In the end, while was still searching, we met Ahmad - a muslim pakistani which is a Hong Kong resident. He offered us to bring us to the hotel with just HKD250. He's actually provide some transport service. And he gave us special price since since we're muslim as well. Here's his detail:We can be considered lucky to meet with Ahmad and we have decided to hire him on the last day 18th February 2011 for our sightseeing.
We arrived at the hotel around 9.40pm and once checked in, we quickly cook the rice. Forgot to mentioned that my mother did bring the rice cooker together knowing that Hong Kong is not really easy to get Halal food. My wife cooked some sambal ikan bilis while my mother brings some Brahims Beef Kurma for my daughter Adriana.The hotel, eventhough is a four star hotel, it was not really big compare to four star hotel in Malaysia. In fact, there's not even any complimentary mineral water. The mineral water cost HKD60. Luckily we bring along some. Just after the dinner, we went for sleep to get some rest for next day - Disneyland. I'll update again on the Day 2.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Merata merayau saudagar emas ni

wanrulez said...

ehehehe....sekali sekala je man....

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers